Members are the lifeblood of our organization and together, we are building a community of incredible resources and unforgettable experiences for Houston writers and creatives.
Join the guild and enjoy many outstanding benefits throughout the year. All members get discounts, access to special events, educational content and resources and more. You'll also get to participate in workshops, writing groups, critique groups and contests reserved exclusively for our members.
ALL MEMBERS RECEIVE:
- Members receive substantial discounts on workshops.
- Have the opportunity to enter our writing contests.
- Attend our conferences and events.
- Advertising opportunities.
- Industry resources included on our website.
- Networking opportunities through various meetings.
- Opportunity to sell your books at selling venues.
- Receive supportive feedback through our Critique Groups.
Be sure to attend our critique groups, meetings, workshops, and conferences to get the most out of your membership.
Would you rather download and mail your application instead?
Just download our HWG Membership Application and send the application along with your check (for the correct amount) to:
Houston Writers Guild, P. O. Box 42255, Houston, TX 77242.
- Individuals are $60.00
- Students are $25.00
- Membership Renewals are $50.00
Dues are paid annually.
Already a guild member?
Renew your annual membership with HWG to make sure you don't lose out on all of the incredible benefits we offer. Continue being a part of our community and supporting the Houston area arts.
Want to get involved?
In addition to being a member of the HWG Guild, you can contribute in other ways as well. We are always looking for eager volunteers that want to connect with fellow creators and give back to the writing community here in Houston. Whether it's helping out at one of our events or helping get the word out on social media, as a volunteer-run organization, we can always use a hand.