HWG Voices Blog
ANNOUNCING A CONTINUING CALL FOR BLOG POST SUBMISSIONS
FOR ON-LINE PUBLICATION IN HWGVOICES Blog
CURRENT TOPIC: The Writing Craft
Submissions to the HWG Voices Blog will only be accepted from current Houston Writers Guild members
in good standing.
- Blog post submissions must explore a specific topic related to the writing craft.
- Generally, posts should be between 300 and 800 words.
- The header should include your name and contact information, your topic key term, word count, and date. This information will be removed for blind judging of blog post submissions considered for HWGPress publication.
- Double space and add line numbers (for editing). Use 12 point Arial font.
- Include a short bio (less than 100 words). You may mention and include a link to any published works currently available. This may include books, anthologies or other works for sale or soon to be released. You may also note e-zines and other virtual (on-line) stories, articles or writings that are currently available. We encourage you to utilize this avenue to promote your personal work, and discourage marketing language within your HWGVoices post on the craft of writing.
- Graphics are encouraged. The graphic should be 1024 x 379 pixels and use .jpg formatting. Please send only original graphics or photos that are in the public domain. Otherwise, guidelines require that any graphics must include consent and acknowledgement from the copyright owner(s). Please clearly note the copyright status with any attached graphic.
- Email your cover page, blog post submission and bio to: HWGVoices@houstonwritersguild.org
PLEASE NOTE, SUBMISSIONS THAT DO NOT FOLLOW THESE GUIDELINES WILL NOT BE CONSIDERED FOR PUBLICATION IN HWGVoices
BLOG POST SUBMISSIONS CHOSEN FOR HWG VOICES PUBLICATION:
- Houston Writers Guild will notify prospective authors in a timely manner, if their blog post submission is being considered for publication in HWGVoices Blog.
- The author and the HWG blog editor will work together to edit the post for content and format.
- Once the edits have been completed and agreed upon by all parties, your post will be scheduled for publication in HWGVoices Blog. HWG member Craft Posts will be posted on a dedicated cycle. Houston Writers Guild will notify you of the date the post will appear on-line.
- A certificate for a free HWG workshop will be mailed to you upon acceptance of the edited and optimized blog-post, good for one year after the publication of your post.
- Houston Writers Guild will provide social media marketing to make sure your post is seen and easily accessible. HWG encourages you to also utilize your personal social media and website network, for even more exposure.
- In addition, a standard agreement will define the copyright and publishing terms between the contributing author and Houston Writers Guild. The agreement will ensure retention of copyrights by the original authors, while granting certain non-exclusive publishing rights to Houston Writers Guild, a 501 c (6) non-profit organization.
- This is a continuing series that calls for multiple submissions throughout the “Writing Craft” blog post campaign. There is no deadline for blog post submissions on this topic, and you may submit multiple entries.