What is Writefest?
For the last twenty years, the Houston Writers' Guild has been running its annual Agents and Editors conference, bringing literary agents and book editors to Houston every spring.
Two years ago, Writespace launched Writefest, a festival focused on connecting new and emerging writers of short form work, such as poetry, short stories, or essays, with literary journal editors who can publish their writing.
Now these two conferences are coming together as one.
Writefest 18 will combine the best of both the HWG Agents and Editors conference and the original Writefest festival. Literary agents, book publishers, and journal editors will converge in the heart of Houston to mingle with writers of all genres, backgrounds, and experience levels. The festival will feature one-on-one pitch sessions, a literary journal fair, a week of intensive workshops, panels and presentations covering the breadth of publishing topics, and much more. And as with both of its parent conferences, Writefest 18 will be dedicated to serving writers of all genres, from literary fiction to poetry to mystery to creative nonfiction to science fiction and fantasy.
• Workshop Writers' Showcase reading and open mic
• Evening open mic that's open to the public
• Presentations by writers and local writing groups
• Panels on a variety of topics, including diversity, cross-genre, gender, and new experimental forms
• Panels on publishing and book marketing
• Genre-specific roundtable discussions
Writefest 18 Sponsors
Thank you for your support!